+ WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- ABEM: 25 AMA Category 1 credits/year (can be averaged)
- ACS (Level 1 Trauma center): 16 hours annually (may include Critical Care)
Biennial or more:
- Ohio State Medical Board: 100 hours upon renewal every 2 years, 40 of which must be Category 1
- JCAHO: Comprehensive Stroke Center (2 hours annually); Cardiac Care Center (8 hours annually)
- Trauma: Next due date March 2020 - 48 hours (avg 16 annually)
+ WHAT IS AMA CATEGORY 1?
- Categories 1 and 2 defined here in detail by AMA.
- Essentially: Category 1 are those advertised everywhere / Category 2 are reading, teaching, etc.
+ POTENTIAL SOURCES
- ACEP: Easiest, quickest, group discounts
- Rosh Review: robust, takes more time, group discounts
- Challenger CME
- Trauma Reports
+ AMERICAN BOARD of EM
25 Category 1 credits/year - can be averaged.
- ABEM Specific Requirements Online
- ABEM CME Requirement FAQ
- CME Credit for LLSA FAQ
- CME for Certification and Recertification FAQs
+ OHIO MEDICAL BOARD
100 hours upon renewal every 2 years
40 of whcih must be Category 1